Thursday, April 18, 2013

LIB 110 Artist Imitation


I decided to imitate Kandinsky’s painting style. Kandinsky is mostly known for creating abstract paintings, but not all were. I called my painting "Life in space". This is not how i imagined my painting to come out, I actually started off with minor shapes and objects. The idea then came to me, as a young child I always used to think about if there were really life in space as it is on earth. While growing up I remember hearing many debates whether life on earth was true or just a fib.  In my painting I tried to use various colors and not try to limit myself to a few colors. I drew the tree on the right hand side to represent the tree of life. The top of the painting is supposed to be a few of the planets in space. At the bottom you can see that there are many different buildings. Beneath that you might think that you see a quilt, but it’s actually supposed to be how the roads might look in other planets. I wouldn’t expect everything to be the same exact thing. I honestly think that Kandinsky was a very brilliant artist. Many of the art that he painted were very creative. Being an abstract artist takes some time to actually perfect and you always should give respect where it is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment